Hope for New Year racing at Fakenham
Dominic Chessum Officials will decide tomorrow morning whether New Year's Day racing at Fakenham will go ahead.Recent frosts have meant that parts of the course have been frozen and a midday inspection today left clerk of the course David Hunter with enough hope to call for a final inspection at 7.
Officials will decide tomorrow morning whether New Year's Day racing at Fakenham will go ahead.
Recent frosts have meant that parts of the course have been frozen and a midday inspection today left clerk of the course David Hunter with enough hope to call for a final inspection at 7.30am tomorrow.
He said he felt that there was a 50/50 chance of racing going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Provided that the weather forecast remains as predicted we are in with a fighting chance.
“At midday today there was still a bit of frost in some places which would have meant we would not have been able to race today.
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
“We have no frost forecast and we should have some cloud cover so we will give it our best shot.
“Any frost at all would put the kibosh on us.
“It is nearly three degrees at present so the frost is slowly coming out of the ground. We couldn't call it off yet.”
Check the EDP website early tomorrow for an update of the situation at the racecourse.