Hope for New Year racing at Fakenham
Dominic Chessum Officials will decide tomorrow morning whether New Year's Day racing at Fakenham will go ahead.Recent frosts have meant that parts of the course have been frozen and a midday inspection today left clerk of the course David Hunter with enough hope to call for a final inspection at 7.
Officials will decide tomorrow morning whether New Year's Day racing at Fakenham will go ahead.
Recent frosts have meant that parts of the course have been frozen and a midday inspection today left clerk of the course David Hunter with enough hope to call for a final inspection at 7.30am tomorrow.
He said he felt that there was a 50/50 chance of racing going ahead.
He said: “Provided that the weather forecast remains as predicted we are in with a fighting chance.
“At midday today there was still a bit of frost in some places which would have meant we would not have been able to race today.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 4 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 5 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 6 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 7 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 8 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 9 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
“We have no frost forecast and we should have some cloud cover so we will give it our best shot.
“Any frost at all would put the kibosh on us.
“It is nearly three degrees at present so the frost is slowly coming out of the ground. We couldn't call it off yet.”
Check the EDP website early tomorrow for an update of the situation at the racecourse.