Immy turns on the style to win Dereham Golf Club’s junior event
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Golf Club's junior members played for the Cuddihy Cup and the Silver Medal sponsored by Brian Cuddihy and club member Cindy Tufts.
In spite of the wet weather there were some excellent scores.
The Cuddihy Cup was won by Immy Leeder with a gross 76 playing off a six handicap. The Silver Medal was won by Joe Crane with an excellent net 64 (77-13-64).
Newcomer Sam Devonport, playing in his first Dereham competition, came second (81-17-64) and Hakan Tokbay third (83-18-65).
In the nine holes gross competition Jude Marsden-Mooney took the silver medal prize with Charley Brett runner-up. The five holes competition saw another win for young Arthur Leeder with Will Farrelly taking the runner-up prize.
Dereham is hosting its annual junior open on Friday, August 4 and there are still a handful of spaces. Contact Jane Bizley on 01362 693153 to enter.
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 6 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 7 Part of A47 closed after serious crash
- 8 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 9 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 10 School invites former pupils to help explore its history