Immy turns on the style to win Dereham Golf Club’s junior event
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Golf Club's junior members played for the Cuddihy Cup and the Silver Medal sponsored by Brian Cuddihy and club member Cindy Tufts.
In spite of the wet weather there were some excellent scores.
The Cuddihy Cup was won by Immy Leeder with a gross 76 playing off a six handicap. The Silver Medal was won by Joe Crane with an excellent net 64 (77-13-64).
Newcomer Sam Devonport, playing in his first Dereham competition, came second (81-17-64) and Hakan Tokbay third (83-18-65).
In the nine holes gross competition Jude Marsden-Mooney took the silver medal prize with Charley Brett runner-up. The five holes competition saw another win for young Arthur Leeder with Will Farrelly taking the runner-up prize.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham is hosting its annual junior open on Friday, August 4 and there are still a handful of spaces. Contact Jane Bizley on 01362 693153 to enter.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Delays on the A47 after crash