Injuries hit Dereham A bowlers
Dereham A slumped to their worst defeat of the season, beaten by 117 runs by bottom side Lowestoft A in Alliance Division Six.
In a reduced 35-overs game, Lowestoft batted first and rode their luck, chances going down or the ball just going past fielders. Dereham were hampered by injuries to Bradley Raper and James Harbour, which limited their ability to bowl.
Lowestoft A made the most of their good fortune all their batsmen except one reached double figures.
Dereham A's bowlers shared the wickets with Tom Head getting three, Ian Clarke and Paul Taylor getting two each and Tom Clarke one.
Dale Barrett — playing his first game of the season for Dereham A — fielded superbly and got two excellent catches.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham were unable to cope with bottom side Lowestoft's bowling attack, which, it appeared, had been boosted with their first team not having a game. Paul Taylor was the only batsman to reach double figures and Dereham A were bowled all out for 59.
Next, Dereham A travel to Garboldisham A to complete the first half of the league season.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards