International debut for Dereham athlete
Dereham-based City of Norwich AC athlete Dani Nimmock made her international cross-country debut in Gateshead last weekend.Representing England juniors for the first time she produced a super run in the Home Countries International.
Dereham-based City of Norwich AC athlete Dani Nimmock made her international cross-country debut in Gateshead last weekend.
Representing England juniors for the first time she produced a super run in the Home Countries International. Over a demanding 5km course she finished in a confidence-boosting seventh place that helped England easily secure team gold.
She headed for home to take in Sunday morning's Ryston Cross-Country Grand Prix Series at Shouldham Warren. She scorched round the 9km course to win in a new record time of 30 minutes 53 seconds.
At the weekend Dani will be travelling to Liverpool with club-mates and locally- based athletes Ashley Harrell and Rachel Stringer where all three will compete in the European Cross- Country Trials that will be held in Sefton Park.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 7 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 8 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch