International debut for Dereham athlete
Dereham-based City of Norwich AC athlete Dani Nimmock made her international cross-country debut in Gateshead last weekend.Representing England juniors for the first time she produced a super run in the Home Countries International.
Dereham-based City of Norwich AC athlete Dani Nimmock made her international cross-country debut in Gateshead last weekend.
Representing England juniors for the first time she produced a super run in the Home Countries International. Over a demanding 5km course she finished in a confidence-boosting seventh place that helped England easily secure team gold.
She headed for home to take in Sunday morning's Ryston Cross-Country Grand Prix Series at Shouldham Warren. She scorched round the 9km course to win in a new record time of 30 minutes 53 seconds.
At the weekend Dani will be travelling to Liverpool with club-mates and locally- based athletes Ashley Harrell and Rachel Stringer where all three will compete in the European Cross- Country Trials that will be held in Sefton Park.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development