Junior golfers in good form
Dereham Golf Club junior section continued their season playing for the Easter Trophy with excellent scores in both the 18 and nine-hole competitions.In the 18 holes, Ryan Thorogood, who has only been a member for just over a year, shot a net 62 (89-27-62), an excellent start to his golfing year.
Dereham Golf Club junior section continued their season playing for the Easter Trophy with excellent scores in both the 18 and nine-hole competitions.
In the 18 holes, Ryan Thorogood, who has only been a member for just over a year, shot a net 62 (89-27-62), an excellent start to his golfing year. Second place went to Jason Tudge (93-26-67) with Nick Johnson in third place (96-28-68).
All the boys received vouchers to be spent in the pro shop.
Twelve youngsters played in the nine-hole competition. There was a most impressive start for 14-year-old Liam Cameron who, playing in his first competition, shot a gross 47. In second place was Tom O'Keefe, with third place going to Ben Cudden.
You may also want to watch:
In thefive-hole competition Connor Baldry pipped Liam Kevern at the post to take the winner's prize. Both boys games have improved considerably and they will now be moving up to the nine-hole competition.
The next Dereham Junior competition is the Steve Jack Trophy on Monday, May 4.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
This year's Dereham Junior Open will be held on Friday, August 7 as part of Dereham Golf Club's 75th anniversary week.
Application forms are available from junior secretary Jane Bizley on 01362 693153.