Junior golfers in good form
Dereham Golf Club junior section continued their season playing for the Easter Trophy with excellent scores in both the 18 and nine-hole competitions.In the 18 holes, Ryan Thorogood, who has only been a member for just over a year, shot a net 62 (89-27-62), an excellent start to his golfing year.
Dereham Golf Club junior section continued their season playing for the Easter Trophy with excellent scores in both the 18 and nine-hole competitions.
In the 18 holes, Ryan Thorogood, who has only been a member for just over a year, shot a net 62 (89-27-62), an excellent start to his golfing year. Second place went to Jason Tudge (93-26-67) with Nick Johnson in third place (96-28-68).
All the boys received vouchers to be spent in the pro shop.
Twelve youngsters played in the nine-hole competition. There was a most impressive start for 14-year-old Liam Cameron who, playing in his first competition, shot a gross 47. In second place was Tom O'Keefe, with third place going to Ben Cudden.
You may also want to watch:
In thefive-hole competition Connor Baldry pipped Liam Kevern at the post to take the winner's prize. Both boys games have improved considerably and they will now be moving up to the nine-hole competition.
The next Dereham Junior competition is the Steve Jack Trophy on Monday, May 4.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 7 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 8 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
This year's Dereham Junior Open will be held on Friday, August 7 as part of Dereham Golf Club's 75th anniversary week.
Application forms are available from junior secretary Jane Bizley on 01362 693153.