Junior's hole in one
Dereham junior George Bedwell shot his first hole in one at Dereham Golf Club during the weekly Junior Monday Club.George, 12, who has been a member for just over a year, took a six iron on the 17th, a 159 yard par three.
Dereham junior George Bedwell shot his first hole in one at Dereham Golf Club during the weekly Junior Monday Club.
George, 12, who has been a member for just over a year, took a six iron on the 17th, a 159 yard par three. He said "I just can't believe it went in, even though I saw it go in I just can't believe it's happened."
George is hoping to get his CONGU handicap before the end of this season.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham's Andrew Marshall failed to make an impact on the final two days of the SK Challenge in Finland as he finished in a tie for 52nd position.
The mid-Norfolk professional recorded rounds of 70 and 74 for a two over par finish, 13 shots adrift of winner Nicolas Colsaerts of Belgium, who won the title in a play-off. Marshall is now 48th in the Challenge Tour Order of Merit, with 16,476 Euros (just over �14,000) to his name.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state