Juniors return good scores
GOLF: Last Friday saw 37 junior golfers play for the Rivett Trophy in the 23rd Dereham Junior Open.
With competitors coming from all over Norfolk, plus twins from Newmarket and ex-Dereham junior Harriet Allsebrook travelling from Shropshire, the field produced some amazing scores.
President Dudley Mayers started all the juniors off the first tee and helpers were situated around the course to help look for wayward balls.
At the end of a wonderful afternoon, and following tea, the Rivett Trophy was presented by club captain Kelvin Cleere to Costessey Park's Samantha Darling who shot a fantastic net 57 (83-26-57).
The scratch prize went to Royal Norwich junior Tom Clements, with a gross 71, playing off scratch.
You may also want to watch:
The day was sponsored by Smith & Pinching Insurance Brokers, who were represented by Kevin Pearson. The captain and junior secretary Jane Bizley sponsored nearest the pin prizes. Kevin Pearson presented the prizes alongside the club captain.
Other results were: 2nd net Eleanor Brown, Barnham Broom, (92-26-66); 3rd Will Tang, Dereham, (78-11-67); 4th Alex Thaxton, Middleton Hall, (82-14-68); 2nd gross, Nic Cains, Dereham, 72; 3rd Will Cross, Dereham, 74; 4th Alex Fellas, Great Yarmouth & Caister, 75.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 4 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 8 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
Longest drive prizes went to Will Cross and Sammy Darling. Nearest the pin prizes went to George Anthony, Barnham Broom and Frazer Chettleburgh, Dereham.