Kai in top form and in the medals in London events
- Credit: Archant
With the summer track and field season nearly here one Dereham junior member was out competing over the winter indoors at the Lee Valley Athletics Centre, London.
Under 11 Kai Wiseman was competing in the Minithon (which is for children in the school years 3-7). Kai put in some great performances.
In the first meeting he achieved a pb in the 60m sprint in 9.5sec, then another in the 60m hurdles in 10.9 secs. In the 600m he finished in 2.06.4 and won gold for his combined performances.
The second meeting saw him win silver for his overall performance in the 600m in 2:11.0, 60m hurdles in 11.01 and 60m sprint in 9.89.
His final trip was a great success, completing his hat-trick of silver medals. He had a PB in the 200m in 33.0, then 9.6 in the 60m sprint and in the 60m hurdles clocked 11.4.
You may also want to watch:
An added bonus was that winners were awarded their medals by British Olympic athletes.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 4 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback