Kai in top form and in the medals in London events
- Credit: Archant
With the summer track and field season nearly here one Dereham junior member was out competing over the winter indoors at the Lee Valley Athletics Centre, London.
Under 11 Kai Wiseman was competing in the Minithon (which is for children in the school years 3-7). Kai put in some great performances.
In the first meeting he achieved a pb in the 60m sprint in 9.5sec, then another in the 60m hurdles in 10.9 secs. In the 600m he finished in 2.06.4 and won gold for his combined performances.
The second meeting saw him win silver for his overall performance in the 600m in 2:11.0, 60m hurdles in 11.01 and 60m sprint in 9.89.
His final trip was a great success, completing his hat-trick of silver medals. He had a PB in the 200m in 33.0, then 9.6 in the 60m sprint and in the 60m hurdles clocked 11.4.
You may also want to watch:
An added bonus was that winners were awarded their medals by British Olympic athletes.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development