Kai in top form and in the medals in London events
- Credit: Archant
With the summer track and field season nearly here one Dereham junior member was out competing over the winter indoors at the Lee Valley Athletics Centre, London.
Under 11 Kai Wiseman was competing in the Minithon (which is for children in the school years 3-7). Kai put in some great performances.
In the first meeting he achieved a pb in the 60m sprint in 9.5sec, then another in the 60m hurdles in 10.9 secs. In the 600m he finished in 2.06.4 and won gold for his combined performances.
The second meeting saw him win silver for his overall performance in the 600m in 2:11.0, 60m hurdles in 11.01 and 60m sprint in 9.89.
His final trip was a great success, completing his hat-trick of silver medals. He had a PB in the 200m in 33.0, then 9.6 in the 60m sprint and in the 60m hurdles clocked 11.4.
An added bonus was that winners were awarded their medals by British Olympic athletes.
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 3 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 6 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 7 School invites former pupils to help explore its history
- 8 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 9 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated