Key battle sees Mattishall draw
Mattishall 1, Blofield 1MATTISHALL entertained another of the Sterry Cup challengers when Blofield visited South Green. Mattishall had the perfect start when Lloyd's first touch in the visitors' goal was to pick the ball out of the back of the net.
Mattishall 1, Blofield 1
MATTISHALL entertained another of the Sterry Cup challengers when Blofield visited South Green.
Mattishall had the perfect start when Lloyd's first touch in the visitors' goal was to pick the ball out of the back of the net. A long throw from Jake Anema was flicked on by Wooden and the clearance fell to Duncan Hewitt who took a touch before drilling the ball into the net.
Lewis for the hosts made a surging run to force a corner which saw Hewitt this time fire wide. The visitors' Cox delivered a dangerous ball from a free-kick and then in their next attack Adcock's cross was glanced just wide by Hurren. However on 20 minutes the visitors drew level when, from a corner, Hill was harshly adjudged to have committed a foul. Brown gave keeper George Pledger no chance from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors continued to press and a fine run from Hart saw his delivery fall to Murphy who forced Pledger into a fine full length save. On 35 minutes Mattishall's Lewis and Jason Cole combined to create some space and Lewis' long range effort deflected for a corner which was easily cleared but the teams went into the interval level at 1-1.
At the start of the second half Brown's glancing header bounced on the top of the Mattishall bar, while at the other end, Wooden's flick on saw Cole's volley well saved by Lloyd. The game continued to flow from end to end and a Blofield corner in the 65th minute flashed across the face of the goal.
- 1 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 2 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 3 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 6 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Theatre fans rejoice! Local actors rehearsing new comedy play
- 10 'Exciting and adventurous' - How aboutDereham works for our community
The hosts were reduced to ten men when Edwards received his second yellow. Both teams looked for a winner but the score remained at 1-1, the same as when the sides met a fortnight ago.
Mattishall Reserves travelled to play league leaders Swaffham Reserves but despite leading going into the final third ended up losing 3-2 with Campos and Stenner the scorers.
Mattishall entertain Beccles this Saturday with a 2pm kick off, while the Reserves are at home to their counterparts from Sheringham at 4pm.