King crowns win with Elmham century
GRANT King scored 123 as North Elmham (25pts) beat Ketteringham Hall A (8) by 110 runs in Norfolk League Division Six.Returning skipper Chris Palmer won the toss and had no hesitation in batting first.
GRANT King scored 123 as North Elmham (25pts) beat Ketteringham Hall A (8) by 110 runs in Norfolk League Division Six.
Returning skipper Chris Palmer won the toss and had no hesitation in batting first. Ant Keeble was out early but Grant King and Stephan Malherbe progressed the score to 86 in the 18th over before Malherbe was bowled for 44.
King was joined by Palmer and as the skipper played himself in King was severe on anything off line, reaching his 50 from 63 balls.
The partnership flourished with King hitting the ball to all parts and reached his century from 108 balls. and shortly afterwards Palmer passed 50 from 62 balls.
The pair had added 175 from 22 overs when King was bowled by Jamie Howes for 123, his innings included 16 fours and five sixes.
Christo Slabbert smashed a huge six in his cameo innings. When Palmer was out with the score on 274 wickets tumbled and Elmham made 292, plundering 154 from the last 20 overs with 97 coming from the
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 3 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 4 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 5 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 6 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 7 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 8 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 9 Police ask public to check sheds in search for missing man
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
The Elmham bowlers waited for their hosts' run chase to gain momentum, however this never happened as the home side seemed content to occupy the crease and deny bowling points. in making 182 for nine.
Afterwards Elmham skipper Palmer said: 'We are now entering the holiday period and will be missing a few key players. With a small squad it is an opportunity for other players to step up and perform.'
Next, home to Rollesby, players meet at 1.15pm.
North Elmham: S Malherbe b Gibbons 44, A Keeble c Briggs b Utting 4, G King b J Howes 123, C Palmer c Briggs b J Howes 60, C Slabbert b Utting 11, R Joplin b Utting 0, R Futter c D Howes b J Howes 0, A Kay b J Howes 8, G Rossouw c D Howes b Utting 0, I Sinclair not out 6; extras 36. Total (9 wkts) 292. Bowling: J Howes 12-0-84-4, J Utting 12-1-67-4, N McKenzie 7-1-42-0, J Gibbins 4-0-25-1 S Greaves 6-1-21-0, T Briggs 4-0-29-0.
Ketteringham Hall A: T Briggs c Futter b Rossouw 49, W Farrow b Sinclair 0, S Greaves c Sinclair b Kay 24, N McKenzie b Kay 4, J Gibbins c Futter b Kay 10, R Baker c Keeble b Joplin 30, J Utting lbw b Joplin 7, J Howes not out 16, D Howes b Sinclair 10, M Compton c King b Sinclair 0, R Valentine not out 12; extras 20. Total (9 wkts) 182. Bowling: I Sinclair 12-3-29-3, A Keeble 6-1-28-0, G King 5-0-16-0, A Kay 6-0-28-3, R Joplin 10-2-41-2, G Rossouw 5-1-24-1, C Tindall 1-0-5-0.