Ladies finally find the back of the net with impressive victory
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Ladies finally found the back of the net with a 5-2 win over Colchester Ladies.
Dereham looked by far the better side in the first half, moving the ball around well and attacking at pace. They were rewarded when Grace Cresswell broke into the D and scored with a superb strike. A second goal came soon after when captain Becca Colman followed up on her own reverse strike to put the rebound in over the keeper.
A third goal from Becky Loveday before half-time gave the away side a comfortable lead.
The second half was a different story and saw Dereham on the back foot and two goals in the first 15 minutes made it 3-2.
The half was scattered with cards for both teams and this made it a nervy affair for all until the last 10 minutes when the away side regained there composure. An open play goal from Cresswell handed her player of the match and a drag flick from Colman meant that game finished 5-2.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Men retained a slim chance of Premier A survival with a 2-2 draw at home to fellow strugglers Chelmsford.
The spoils were shared in a first half characterised by end-to-end action. Dereham took the lead early on but were unlucky to concede via a nasty deflection.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze
Having conceded early in the second half a special mention must go to Falco Rosbergen and Guy Crookes, the two youngest members of the team worked tirelessly in pursuit of an equaliser, work which was rewarded as the former stepped up with a fantastic reverse stick finish to level the scores with 20 minutes remaining.
Dereham dominated the final minutes but were unable to force a winner.
Evergreens entertained Norwich Dragons in an Empressa League Division Two game but lost 3-2.
Evergreens had Chantelle Robson making her debut in goal and made a great start, scoring through Lottie Halgren. They increased their lead when Dee Clipston scored from a short corner.
Evergreens looked dangerous but against the run of play Dragons pulled a goal back. The second half saw Dragons equalise and as Evergreens pressed forward in search of a winner, Dragons broke away to net a late winner.