Lambert a rising star in speedway
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.He has been riding grass track for a few years. Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series.
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.
He has been riding grass track for a few years.
Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series. He showed great skill and won all of the meetings and so took the series with a clean sweep of wins.
Following this Robert was invited to ride in the British U15s 250cc series. He had to compete in seven rounds at various venues around the country.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the competition Robert was equal first place and had to ride in a run-off for first place. Robert finished second but this was a tremendous achievement for an 11-year-old boy.
Robert was one of the youngest riders in the competition and as a result he was selected to race as part of the pre-meeting entertainment at Cardiff Millennium Stadium before the British Speedway Grand Prix.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
Robert has competed locally and won the Junior Championship for the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Motorcycle Club, the Junior Poacher Championship and the British Youth Championship 2009.
He is pictured with Kozza Smith the King's Lynn speedway rider.