Lambert a rising star in speedway
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.He has been riding grass track for a few years. Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series.
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.
He has been riding grass track for a few years.
Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series. He showed great skill and won all of the meetings and so took the series with a clean sweep of wins.
Following this Robert was invited to ride in the British U15s 250cc series. He had to compete in seven rounds at various venues around the country.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the competition Robert was equal first place and had to ride in a run-off for first place. Robert finished second but this was a tremendous achievement for an 11-year-old boy.
Robert was one of the youngest riders in the competition and as a result he was selected to race as part of the pre-meeting entertainment at Cardiff Millennium Stadium before the British Speedway Grand Prix.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
Robert has competed locally and won the Junior Championship for the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Motorcycle Club, the Junior Poacher Championship and the British Youth Championship 2009.
He is pictured with Kozza Smith the King's Lynn speedway rider.