Lambert a rising star in speedway
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.He has been riding grass track for a few years. Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series.
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.
He has been riding grass track for a few years.
Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series. He showed great skill and won all of the meetings and so took the series with a clean sweep of wins.
Following this Robert was invited to ride in the British U15s 250cc series. He had to compete in seven rounds at various venues around the country.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the competition Robert was equal first place and had to ride in a run-off for first place. Robert finished second but this was a tremendous achievement for an 11-year-old boy.
Robert was one of the youngest riders in the competition and as a result he was selected to race as part of the pre-meeting entertainment at Cardiff Millennium Stadium before the British Speedway Grand Prix.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 6 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 7 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 8 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 9 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
Robert has competed locally and won the Junior Championship for the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Motorcycle Club, the Junior Poacher Championship and the British Youth Championship 2009.
He is pictured with Kozza Smith the King's Lynn speedway rider.