Lambert a rising star in speedway
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.He has been riding grass track for a few years. Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series.
Robert Lambert of Reepham High School is making a name for himself in the world of speedway.
He has been riding grass track for a few years.
Last year he was invited to ride at Scunthorpe in the Amateur Speedway Series. He showed great skill and won all of the meetings and so took the series with a clean sweep of wins.
Following this Robert was invited to ride in the British U15s 250cc series. He had to compete in seven rounds at various venues around the country.
At the end of the competition Robert was equal first place and had to ride in a run-off for first place. Robert finished second but this was a tremendous achievement for an 11-year-old boy.
Robert was one of the youngest riders in the competition and as a result he was selected to race as part of the pre-meeting entertainment at Cardiff Millennium Stadium before the British Speedway Grand Prix.
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 8 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
Robert has competed locally and won the Junior Championship for the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Motorcycle Club, the Junior Poacher Championship and the British Youth Championship 2009.
He is pictured with Kozza Smith the King's Lynn speedway rider.