League win for Beeston
BEESTON entertained and beat Castle Acre A in their second West Norfolk League Division Four game of the season.Beeston opener Brian Parke went on 10 but Harry Wiseman and Adie Parke put on 59 before Parke was caught by Templeman for 16.
BEESTON entertained and beat Castle Acre A in their second West Norfolk League Division Four game of the season.
Beeston opener Brian Parke went on 10 but Harry Wiseman and Adie Parke put on 59 before Parke was caught by Templeman for 16. Bill Wiseman and his brother put on a quick 58 before Bill was caught with the score on 127, with Harry going three runs later.
With Beeston's middle order shaking, it was left to Clive Parke and Robert Oldfield to steady the ship with a great partnership of 71 before Oldfield was out lbw for 20. Parke finished not out on 51. Beeston finished with 247 for nine from 45 overs.
Castle Acre's reply started well before N Cross was caught at point by Mike Symonds for nine. With Templeman joining J Bowby, the two youngsters then set about the Beeston bowlers, putting together a partnership of 42, before Brian Parke caught Templeman at cover for 33. With only G Agnew (16) and 14-year-old Ben Champion (40) putting up any resistance, Castle Acre were bowled out for 170. Harry Wiseman (6-2-18-4) and Clive Parke (9-0-22-3) were the pick of the bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town