League win for Beeston
BEESTON entertained and beat Castle Acre A in their second West Norfolk League Division Four game of the season.Beeston opener Brian Parke went on 10 but Harry Wiseman and Adie Parke put on 59 before Parke was caught by Templeman for 16.
BEESTON entertained and beat Castle Acre A in their second West Norfolk League Division Four game of the season.
Beeston opener Brian Parke went on 10 but Harry Wiseman and Adie Parke put on 59 before Parke was caught by Templeman for 16. Bill Wiseman and his brother put on a quick 58 before Bill was caught with the score on 127, with Harry going three runs later.
With Beeston's middle order shaking, it was left to Clive Parke and Robert Oldfield to steady the ship with a great partnership of 71 before Oldfield was out lbw for 20. Parke finished not out on 51. Beeston finished with 247 for nine from 45 overs.
Castle Acre's reply started well before N Cross was caught at point by Mike Symonds for nine. With Templeman joining J Bowby, the two youngsters then set about the Beeston bowlers, putting together a partnership of 42, before Brian Parke caught Templeman at cover for 33. With only G Agnew (16) and 14-year-old Ben Champion (40) putting up any resistance, Castle Acre were bowled out for 170. Harry Wiseman (6-2-18-4) and Clive Parke (9-0-22-3) were the pick of the bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 2 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 'Please be patient' - Surgery bids to vaccinate 2,500 over-80s
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk