Litcham High School rugby star earns England Under-16s call-up
- Credit: Archant
A Great Fransham teenager who has earned a contract with Leicester Tigers has been selected to play for England Under-16s at an international festival later this month.
Aubrey Grimes, 16, a pupil at Litcham High School, has been chosen in the England North squad to play at the annual Wellington International Festival in Berkshire from March 30 to April 5. Wales U16 A, France U16 A and B, Scotland U16s and the U17 teams from the United States, Belgium and the Netherlands will also take part.
Grimes, who currently plays for Norwich, started playing at the age of five for Holt and has also played for Swaffham and Wymondham,
He has also represented Norfolk, Eastern Counties and London East.
The flanker, who switched from playing as a hooker two seasons ago, recently finished attending the Elite Player Development Group at Leicester and has been a offered a two-year contract with the Tigers.
You may also want to watch:
He also qualified as an RFU referee last year.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist