Litcham upset odds in Ben Smith Memorial Cup
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
LITCHAM produced the upset of the day in the fourth round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup.
Division Four side Litcham held Division One team Thetford Rovers Reserves to a goalless draw at the end of extra time before beating them 5-4 on penalties.
All the other matches between teams from different divisions went according to league status. There were three successes for other Division One teams – Morley Village won 3-2 at Bawdeswell, Shropham United turned in an impressive 6-0 win over Necton, and Feltwell United won 2-1 at West End.
In the all Division Two clash, Nostro won 4-3 on penalties after a 5-5 draw with Sporle. Two teams from Division Three also reached the last eight. Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves beat Scarning United 2-1 while Wendling progressed at the expense of Methwold Rovers, 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
In the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup first round, the biggest shock saw Shipdham Reserves, one place above bottom spot in Division Four, beat Division One Gressenhall 2-1.
Another Division One scalp was obtained by North Elmham who netted eight times without reply against Dereham Town A. In an all Division One match, Tacolneston beat Shipdham 3-0. Other Division One winners were Swaffham Town A who had a comfortable 8-1 win at Colkirk, Northwold S&SC who won 5-2 at home to Hethersett Athletic and Rockland United who beat Methwold Rovers 3-1 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
Hingham Athletic Reserves enjoyed an 8-2 win at Cockers, North Elmham Reserves ran out 4-2 winners at Great Cressingham and Mattishall A beat Gressenhall Reserves 2-0. Saham Toney Reserves beat Watton United A 3-0 while Tacolneston Reserves won 7-2 against Methwold United and Marham Wanderers won 6-4 at Tugas United after extra time.
Yaxham Reserves are the new leaders of Division Four following their 3-1 win at Nostro Reserves. Weasenham Wanderers won 5-2 at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves, Beetley United beat Dereham Cockers United 4-0 and Walsingham United and Shropham United Reserves took a point each from a 3-3 draw.