Magnificent seven for Foulsham FC
Foulsham 7, Hempnall Res 1
Foulsham entertained bottom club Hempnall Reserves on Saturday in an Anglian Combination Division Two match and recorded their biggest win of the season.
Although Foulsham had the lion's share of possession in the first half, Hempnall defended tenaciously. They restricted the hosts to a single goal lead, scored after 30 minutes by Simon Prior with a simple header after a long free-kick by Hagon was headed back past the keeper for Prior to convert.
Foulsham started the second half with two goals in the first five minutes. Both were scored by Prior, firstly another header and then taking the ball round the keeper after a through pass by Gaskin. Hempnall pulled a goal back to make it 3-1 but Foulsham, by now full of confidence and running the Hempnall defence ragged, scored further goals through Darby, Gaskin, a fourth for Prior and finally Mayes to seal the win. Match ball sponsored by Grace Resin Flooring Ltd.
n Foulsham Reserves, playing their penultimate league game of the season, hosted CNSOBU in a late kick-off and, despite matching their opponents for most of the game, lost 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The match started brightly for the Reserves when they took the lead after 25 minutes. A fiercely struck in-swinging corner by Luke Smith could only be parried into the net by the CNSOBU keeper. This lead was always under threat by a skilful CNSOBU attack and they had their reward for constant pressure on the Foulsham goal when a corner was met by an incoming player with a side footed shot and the equaliser.
CNSOBU then took the lead when a cross from the left was steered in from close range with keeper Knowles unable to get a hand to the shot. With time almost up, Foulsham were awarded a corner and threw everybody up into the penalty area, but paid the price when the ball was cleared and, with keeper Knowles struggling to get back, attackers outnumbered defenders for a third goal for CNSOBU.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
Man-of-the-match was Sean Knowles in goal who made a string of sensational saves.