Magpies’ Carrow Road final is April 5
Dereham Town's Norfolk Senior Cup final showdown with King's Lynn Town at Carrow Road will be on Tuesday, April 5, kick-off 7.30pm.
That should provide every squad member with the incentive to earn a starting place in a final which should attract one of the biggest crowds for years.
The Magpies, who at the weekend conceded second place in the Ridgeons League Premier Division to Wroxham, on Saturday entertain eighth-bottom Stanway Rovers (3pm) ahead of Tuesday night's vital home clash with the Yachtsmen (7.45pm), which should attract a large Aldiss Park gate.
It was 1-1 at bottom-four side Walsham-le-Willows at the weekend for Matt Henman's Magpies, who earned praise for their battling qualities in testing conditions.
'We conceded a goal against the run of play,' said the Dereham boss. 'They broke and scored after half an hour. Then we continud to pressure, and they had one sent off just before half-time for a two-footed tackle.
You may also want to watch:
'Second half we were on top and Gary Starling scored direct from a free-kick. Everyone put in a great deal of effort but coudn't find the winner. I can't fault the players. It was a hard-fought away draw on a difficult pitch.'
Tuesday night saw Wroxham draw 0-0 at Ely and Leiston win 1-0 at home to Kirkley & Pakefield. The top four now reads Leiston 65 points from 26 games, Wroxham 60 from 30, Dereham 57 from 27 and Haverhill 55 from 28.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney