Magpies power to win
Whitton United 0, Dereham Town 4THE Magpies registered their first Ridgeons Premier win of the season in powerful fashion to nail their hosts to the foot of the table with no points, Nicky Howell (2), Simon Mowbray and Craig Terrington on target.
Whitton United 0, Dereham Town 4
THE Magpies registered their first Ridgeons Premier win of the season in powerful fashion to nail their hosts to the foot of the table with no points, Nicky Howell (2), Simon Mowbray and Craig Terrington on target.
Play flowed freely from end to end in the opening minutes before Waters was forced to keep out Beaumont's low drive with his legs in the tenth minute.
The Magpies took the lead in the 23rd minute. Garner's deep cross caused confusion in the home box with keeper Waters laying injured on the ground following a collision with Beaumont and the ball was returned to the far post by Sam Willis where Howell headed home from close range.
Play continued to switch ends in a scrappy manner with neither keeper being tested. In the 41st minute Sam Willis was fouled on the edge of the home box, keeper Waters failed to hold on to Terrington's blistering left foot drive with striker Mowbray slotting home his third goal of the season from close range to increase Dereham's lead.
Dereham finally scored their vital third goal which their dominance had deserved in the 73rd minute. Beaumont cleverly lobbed the ball between the Whitton centre backs with Howell striking a left-foot drive that deflected off defender Trevivian and looped into Waters' net.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 10 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
Whitton substitute Young hit a left-foot shot past Higg's left-hand post after being given too much space.
Dereham scored their fourth in the 88th minute when, after Waters had made a fine stop from Ollie Willis, the keeper was powerless to prevent Terrington's superb drive from entering the bottom corner of his net.
Dereham: J Higgs, O Willis, S Garner, P Cousins, D Miller, S Willis, N Howell, A Smith, S Mowbray, D Beaumont, C Terrington. Subs: A Wood, G Watts, J Eastoe-Smith, N Simmons.