Magpies power to win
Whitton United 0, Dereham Town 4THE Magpies registered their first Ridgeons Premier win of the season in powerful fashion to nail their hosts to the foot of the table with no points, Nicky Howell (2), Simon Mowbray and Craig Terrington on target.
Whitton United 0, Dereham Town 4
THE Magpies registered their first Ridgeons Premier win of the season in powerful fashion to nail their hosts to the foot of the table with no points, Nicky Howell (2), Simon Mowbray and Craig Terrington on target.
Play flowed freely from end to end in the opening minutes before Waters was forced to keep out Beaumont's low drive with his legs in the tenth minute.
The Magpies took the lead in the 23rd minute. Garner's deep cross caused confusion in the home box with keeper Waters laying injured on the ground following a collision with Beaumont and the ball was returned to the far post by Sam Willis where Howell headed home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Play continued to switch ends in a scrappy manner with neither keeper being tested. In the 41st minute Sam Willis was fouled on the edge of the home box, keeper Waters failed to hold on to Terrington's blistering left foot drive with striker Mowbray slotting home his third goal of the season from close range to increase Dereham's lead.
Dereham finally scored their vital third goal which their dominance had deserved in the 73rd minute. Beaumont cleverly lobbed the ball between the Whitton centre backs with Howell striking a left-foot drive that deflected off defender Trevivian and looped into Waters' net.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Whitton substitute Young hit a left-foot shot past Higg's left-hand post after being given too much space.
Dereham scored their fourth in the 88th minute when, after Waters had made a fine stop from Ollie Willis, the keeper was powerless to prevent Terrington's superb drive from entering the bottom corner of his net.
Dereham: J Higgs, O Willis, S Garner, P Cousins, D Miller, S Willis, N Howell, A Smith, S Mowbray, D Beaumont, C Terrington. Subs: A Wood, G Watts, J Eastoe-Smith, N Simmons.