Magpies top after Beaumont hat-trick
Dereham 4, Hadleigh 0
A Danny Beaumont hat-trick helped Dereham to gain top spot in the Ridgeons Premier League.
Hadleigh keeper Aaron Benstead denied the Magpies three times in the opening minutes before Beaumont netted his first in the 12th minute. After latching onto Adam Smith's perfect through ball the striker superbly slotted home with two defenders at his heels.
Beaumont increased the lead in the 26th minute when sub Sam Groves chipped the ball into the left-hand side of the box and with keeper Benstead hesitant he beat him to the ball and netted from an acute angle.
Beaumont completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot in the 58th minute after a Hadleigh player had handled.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham comtinued to dominate and Steve Harley completed the scoring in the 70th minute to seal a comprehensive victory.
- 1 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 2 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 3 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it