Magpies wait on weather
The weather continued to hold sway on the Norfolk Senior Cup this week with midweek ties, including those involving Dereham Town and Fakenham Town, beaten by the freeze.
The Magpies now aim for a quarter-finals place on Saturday when they visit Gorleston's Emerald Park while the Ghosts play their star tie with Norwich City at Clipbush Park to Tuesday, December 14 (7.45pm).
A coach leaves Aldiss Park, Dereham, at 1.30pm on Saturday for Gorleston, and on the same day Dereham Reserves attempt to play their Norfolk Junior Cup home tie with Caister Reserves.
In the same competition, Fakenham Reserves are due to entertain Wymondham Reserves.
All eyes will be on the weather to see if another virtual wipe-out of fixtures will take place.
You may also want to watch:
According to latest fixture lists, Dereham will visit CRC in the Ridgeons Premier on Wednesday night while Fakenham will have to wait until Saturday week for their next league game, at home to Diss.
League-wise, Dereham remain well clear at the top of the Ridgeons Premier with 54 points from 22 games, with Wroxham seven points behind from the same number of games.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 5 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 6 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
Leiston, identified by Magpies' boss Matt Henman as a real threat, are now third, 18 points adrift of Dereham but with seven games in hand.