Magpies wait on weather
The weather continued to hold sway on the Norfolk Senior Cup this week with midweek ties, including those involving Dereham Town and Fakenham Town, beaten by the freeze.
The Magpies now aim for a quarter-finals place on Saturday when they visit Gorleston's Emerald Park while the Ghosts play their star tie with Norwich City at Clipbush Park to Tuesday, December 14 (7.45pm).
A coach leaves Aldiss Park, Dereham, at 1.30pm on Saturday for Gorleston, and on the same day Dereham Reserves attempt to play their Norfolk Junior Cup home tie with Caister Reserves.
In the same competition, Fakenham Reserves are due to entertain Wymondham Reserves.
All eyes will be on the weather to see if another virtual wipe-out of fixtures will take place.
You may also want to watch:
According to latest fixture lists, Dereham will visit CRC in the Ridgeons Premier on Wednesday night while Fakenham will have to wait until Saturday week for their next league game, at home to Diss.
League-wise, Dereham remain well clear at the top of the Ridgeons Premier with 54 points from 22 games, with Wroxham seven points behind from the same number of games.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 4 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 5 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 9 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 10 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
Leiston, identified by Magpies' boss Matt Henman as a real threat, are now third, 18 points adrift of Dereham but with seven games in hand.