Marcus Oliver back as Hindringham boss
FOOTBALL: Hindringham have appointed Marcus Oliver (pictured) as their new manager, with Ronnie Heyhoe assisting him.
The pair face a battle as the club continues to wait for the clubhouse to be finished, meaning that all home games are being played at Holt.
Oliver returns after being away for the past four seasons, hoping to turn his home village club around, as he did in his first spell at the helm.
In his first game in charge, Hindringham started well, but could not convert their chances and allowed Bradenham three easy second-half goals.
Then followed the local derby against Wells, in which Hindringham played some good football.
You may also want to watch:
If Whittred's header had gone in things could have been different, but the Villagers ended up losing 5-1, Shaun Belton getting the only goal for Hindringham as well as hitting the bar at 3-1 down.
Wells scored two late goal after bad defending.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 6 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 7 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
Hindringham then faced Bungay and produced a good, battling display against a young, spirited side.
Hindringham just could not put the ball in the back of the net, finding the Bungay keeper in good form, stopping shots from Belton, Betts and West, with Whitterd going close with a header.
At the other end Richard Bond's safe handling meant the game finished 0-0.
Next match Corton away, meet Bistro at 11.45am.