Mattishall A helped by Matthew Milne century
MATTHEW Milne's maiden century helped Mattishall A earn a winning draw at Brooke A in Norfolk Alliance Division Five.
Mattishall won the toss and elected to bat on what looked to be a fine batting wicket.
Ian Weetman and Stephan Clifford took the total to 40 before Weetman departed for 11. Milne joined Clifford who was then out for 25. Tom Mahood soon made his intentions clear, despatching the ball to all parts of the ground, and together with Milne pushed the total to 173. Mahood was then out for 80, which included seven sixes.
Milne progressed towards his first 50, joined by Jake Smith and they took the total to 257. By now Milne was playing strokes all around the ground and soon reached his maiden century for the club.
Mattishall declared on 316-5 after 42 overs.
Brooke started steadily after tea against some tight bowling from M Beaumont and K Hubbard, but it soon became apparent due to the fact that Mattishall couldn't catch it was going to be almost impossible to get the hosts out.
Various bowling options were tried, Paul Beaumont picked up 2-45 and Milne 1-44, while Kevin Bingham claimed 1-8 with his spin.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 5 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 6 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 7 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 8 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
Brooke finished on 216-6.