Mattishall A helped by Matthew Milne century
MATTHEW Milne's maiden century helped Mattishall A earn a winning draw at Brooke A in Norfolk Alliance Division Five.
Mattishall won the toss and elected to bat on what looked to be a fine batting wicket.
Ian Weetman and Stephan Clifford took the total to 40 before Weetman departed for 11. Milne joined Clifford who was then out for 25. Tom Mahood soon made his intentions clear, despatching the ball to all parts of the ground, and together with Milne pushed the total to 173. Mahood was then out for 80, which included seven sixes.
Milne progressed towards his first 50, joined by Jake Smith and they took the total to 257. By now Milne was playing strokes all around the ground and soon reached his maiden century for the club.
Mattishall declared on 316-5 after 42 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Brooke started steadily after tea against some tight bowling from M Beaumont and K Hubbard, but it soon became apparent due to the fact that Mattishall couldn't catch it was going to be almost impossible to get the hosts out.
Various bowling options were tried, Paul Beaumont picked up 2-45 and Milne 1-44, while Kevin Bingham claimed 1-8 with his spin.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development
Brooke finished on 216-6.