Mattishall A helped by Matthew Milne century
MATTHEW Milne's maiden century helped Mattishall A earn a winning draw at Brooke A in Norfolk Alliance Division Five.
Mattishall won the toss and elected to bat on what looked to be a fine batting wicket.
Ian Weetman and Stephan Clifford took the total to 40 before Weetman departed for 11. Milne joined Clifford who was then out for 25. Tom Mahood soon made his intentions clear, despatching the ball to all parts of the ground, and together with Milne pushed the total to 173. Mahood was then out for 80, which included seven sixes.
Milne progressed towards his first 50, joined by Jake Smith and they took the total to 257. By now Milne was playing strokes all around the ground and soon reached his maiden century for the club.
Mattishall declared on 316-5 after 42 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Brooke started steadily after tea against some tight bowling from M Beaumont and K Hubbard, but it soon became apparent due to the fact that Mattishall couldn't catch it was going to be almost impossible to get the hosts out.
Various bowling options were tried, Paul Beaumont picked up 2-45 and Milne 1-44, while Kevin Bingham claimed 1-8 with his spin.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Brooke finished on 216-6.