Mattishall battle back
Mattishall 3, Sheringham 1
SHERINGHAM started brightly and took the lead after 12 minutes with goal by Mullet after a quick breakaway.
Anema shot wide for Mattishall when well placed after 20 minutes. After a fine move down the middle Applegate was unlucky with his effort on goal. Another break by Mattishall resulted in Applegate firing over the bar.
Anema cleared off his own line after a good cross from the Shannocks, then a quick break by Mattishall again resulted in a near-miss by Applegate.
Bevis fired over the bar for Sheringham when put clean through, but with Mattishall increasing the pressure, Applegte again missed the target.
The second half started with more pressure from Mattishall, and great play by Anema resulted in Ben Lewis scoring the equaliser.
A long ball forward gave Mattishall a second goal through Applegate, who was rewarded for his persistance.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 6 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
Sheringham were awarded a penalty after 65 minutes but Pledger in the home goal made a good save.
On 75 minutes, Gibbons for the home team and Pipe of Sheringham were sent off.
The win was sealed by Palmer scoring a third, and with Sheringham losing some discipline Mattishall finished the game in total control.