Mattishall battle back
Mattishall 3, Sheringham 1
SHERINGHAM started brightly and took the lead after 12 minutes with goal by Mullet after a quick breakaway.
Anema shot wide for Mattishall when well placed after 20 minutes. After a fine move down the middle Applegate was unlucky with his effort on goal. Another break by Mattishall resulted in Applegate firing over the bar.
Anema cleared off his own line after a good cross from the Shannocks, then a quick break by Mattishall again resulted in a near-miss by Applegate.
Bevis fired over the bar for Sheringham when put clean through, but with Mattishall increasing the pressure, Applegte again missed the target.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with more pressure from Mattishall, and great play by Anema resulted in Ben Lewis scoring the equaliser.
A long ball forward gave Mattishall a second goal through Applegate, who was rewarded for his persistance.
- 1 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 4 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
Sheringham were awarded a penalty after 65 minutes but Pledger in the home goal made a good save.
On 75 minutes, Gibbons for the home team and Pipe of Sheringham were sent off.
The win was sealed by Palmer scoring a third, and with Sheringham losing some discipline Mattishall finished the game in total control.