Mattishall beat Dereham on penalties to lift Tony Barker Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town rounded off their pre-season preparations by welcoming Anglian Combination neighbours Mattishall to Aldiss Park last Friday evening.
The two sides competed for the inaugural Tony Barker Trophy, with the visitors lifting the trophy after winning the game on penalties after a 3-3 draw.
Ashley Jarvis (2) and Jake Anema were the scorers for the Magpies, who had beaten Norwich CBS (formerly Spixworth) 2-0 and drawn 1-1 with Gorleston in previous friendlies.
Mattishall suffered a few injuries during the game including George Gagen who had to go to hospital with a suspected dislocated shoulder.
Both the chairman of Mattishall Chris High and his Dereham counterpart Jason Tuley are hoping to build on the match by bringing the two clubs closer together.
You may also want to watch:
Mattishall kick-off their Anglian Combination Premier Division campaign next Tuesday evening (6.30pm) with a derby fixture against Bradenham while Hindringham are at Sheringham in Division One (7.30pm).
In Division Two Wells Town play their first match on Saturday week (August 19) at home to Thetford Rovers.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state