Mattishall FC full of expectation
MATTISHALL Football Club is in a very positive mood. With new blood at the helm, expectations within the club are very high. The run-up to the new season starts next week, on Thursday, July 10, with an initial players' and managers' meeting at Mattishall Sports and Social Club at 7pm.
MATTISHALL Football Club is in a very positive mood. With new blood at the helm, expectations within the club are very high.
The run-up to the new season starts next week, on Thursday, July 10, with an initial players' and managers' meeting at Mattishall Sports and Social Club at 7pm.
The club has urged all existing players and those interested in joining to attend this meeting to meet and greet all the new managers for the first, reserve and A teams.
If anybody would like to talk to the new manager of the senior team first, they should contact Gavin Tipple on 01362 850311/01603 731585.
Training also starts in the next two weeks, which will be confirmed at next week's meeting.
Friendly matches have been arranged with Dersingham Rovers, North Walsham, Sprowston Athletic, Swanton Morley and Great Yarmouth.
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 3 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 4 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 5 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 6 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 7 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 8 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 9 £251m price tag for Norwich Western Link as bill soars by over £50m
- 10 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
The first team are currently playing senior football in the Anglian Combination Division One, the Reserves are in Division Four of the same league and the A team are new members in Division Three of the Norwich Business House League.
The Yarmouth match will be at home on Friday, August 15, ko 6.45pm and will contest the Chalky (Ray) Burrell Shield.
This match is an annual event between two clubs of whom Chalky had fond memories while he was a very loyal member of Mattishall FC. Everyone who had the joy of knowing him are welcome to this match, with any money raised going to Papworth Hospital.
Weather permitting, it is hoped to have a barbecue and a bouncy castle for the youngsters.
The new season starts on August 19, so it is vital that players for the new campaign attend the meetings and get themselves prepared and fit for another long and hopefully an enjoyable season.