Mattishall FC full of expectation
MATTISHALL Football Club is in a very positive mood. With new blood at the helm, expectations within the club are very high. The run-up to the new season starts next week, on Thursday, July 10, with an initial players' and managers' meeting at Mattishall Sports and Social Club at 7pm.
MATTISHALL Football Club is in a very positive mood. With new blood at the helm, expectations within the club are very high.
The run-up to the new season starts next week, on Thursday, July 10, with an initial players' and managers' meeting at Mattishall Sports and Social Club at 7pm.
The club has urged all existing players and those interested in joining to attend this meeting to meet and greet all the new managers for the first, reserve and A teams.
If anybody would like to talk to the new manager of the senior team first, they should contact Gavin Tipple on 01362 850311/01603 731585.
You may also want to watch:
Training also starts in the next two weeks, which will be confirmed at next week's meeting.
Friendly matches have been arranged with Dersingham Rovers, North Walsham, Sprowston Athletic, Swanton Morley and Great Yarmouth.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
The first team are currently playing senior football in the Anglian Combination Division One, the Reserves are in Division Four of the same league and the A team are new members in Division Three of the Norwich Business House League.
The Yarmouth match will be at home on Friday, August 15, ko 6.45pm and will contest the Chalky (Ray) Burrell Shield.
This match is an annual event between two clubs of whom Chalky had fond memories while he was a very loyal member of Mattishall FC. Everyone who had the joy of knowing him are welcome to this match, with any money raised going to Papworth Hospital.
Weather permitting, it is hoped to have a barbecue and a bouncy castle for the youngsters.
The new season starts on August 19, so it is vital that players for the new campaign attend the meetings and get themselves prepared and fit for another long and hopefully an enjoyable season.