Mattishall hit six of best in cup
Bungay 2, Mattishall 6
MATTISHALL turned their attentions to cup football when they visited Bungay in the first round of the Mummery Cup, Fulcher completing a hat-trick against last season's beaten finalists.
Mattishall made five changes, gave a first team debut to young George Gagen and also saw Rob Connelly making a return after 16 months.
The visitors started well and a fine ball from Hill saw Lewis deliver a fine cross from which Connelly's header saved at the second attempt.
You may also want to watch:
Fulcher burst through but pulled his shot just wide. Another good cross from Lewis saw the defender just get in front of Connelly, and from the resultant corner Palmer shot over the bar.
Against the run of play on the half-hour, Bungay went in front when a deep cross went over the visitors' back four and fell to Tuffs, who coolly slotted past Failes.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
From a Bungay free-kick 25 yards out Riches' fine effort was pushed onto the bar by Failes and the ball was scrambled away. Edwards took a quick throw-in to Fulcher who fed Palmer whose shot was fumbled by the home keeper and ended up in the back of the net for a deserved equaliser.
Just before the interval a Connelly corner was met by Sommerfield but he headed over.
A blistering start to the second half saw Mattishall take the game by storm.
A fine run by Edwards took him deep into Bungay's half and he fed Fulcher whose shot just missed the far post.
In the next attack Fulcher picked up the ball in the centre circle and drove goalwards past several defenders before slotting home in style.
A long throw from Stockwell fell to Fulcher, who in a touch brought the ball down before slamming it past Foyster.
In the next attack Connelly again created space and placed the ball past the home keeper for 4-1.
Substitute Dougal replaced Connelly and made an immediate impact when he fed Lewis, who scored with ease.
Harbour replaced Gagen and Bungay continued to battle to make it 5-2. Mattishall continued to create chances and a fine cross by Harbour set up Fulcher to nip in at the near post to complete his hat-trick.