Mattishall lack cutting edge in Mummery Cup defeat
Mattishall 0, Spixworth 2
Mattishall welcomed Spixworth to South Green looking to reverse the previous week's league loss against the same team, with a place in the quarter-finals of the Mummery Cup up for grabs.
Mattishall included new signings George Jermy and Lee Moran in there starting line-up.
A fine run by Jermy saw him go past three players before setting up Duncan Hewitt but he fired straight at Bilham. Another clever run by Jermy created himself some space and his delivery saw Christian Harbour's downward header expertly saved by Bilham.
In the second half, a Spixworth free-kick was taken by Jason Armes and he found the bottom corner of the net to make the breakthrough.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors pressed forward and within ten minutes they had increased their lead when a corner was not cleared and when the ball was delivered back into the box Matthew Elwin was standing at the back post to score easily.
Mattishall introduced all three substitutes but despite George Watts-Sturrock spreading the ball about, the hosts lacked a cutting edge.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
A corner by substitute Gary Harbour saw the ball fly across the face of the goal and just avoid Joe Marczewski but from there the visitors comfortably saw out the rest of the game and left the hosts with just league points to fight for.