Mattishall score in 10 seconds
Mattishall 2, Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2
Mattishall scored the quickest goal ever netted at South Green.
The visitors kicked off and knocked the ball backwards. A Catchpole tackle saw Fulcher pick up the pieces and he dove forward before firing the ball into the bottom-right corner, all in under 10 seconds.
The hosts continued to push and a Lewis long throw saw Catchpole's overhead kick go narrowly wide.
You may also want to watch:
On 13 minutes a Palmer shot was parried by the visitors' keeper and Fulcher followed up to net, but was adjudged offside.
K&P drew level in virtually their first attack when an in-swinging corner from Bellis was mis-judged by Pledger and the ball ended up in the back of the net.
- 1 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 2 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 3 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
A Lovell free-kick bounced of the top of the bar before another Fulcher run ended with Catchpole's shot being deflected for a corner.
However, Mattishall regained the lead when Lewis just got the better of Humphries down the right and his excellent cross was headed home by the in-rushing Catchpole.
Another excellent turn in the box from Catchpole ended with his effort going narrowly wide, and the half ended with Mattishall having a slender advantage when the game should have been out of sight.
The second half started in less dramatic fashion and K&P nearly drew level when a corner from the right ended with a flicked header cleared by Hill.
A quick breakaway by Mattishall saw Fulcher with just the keeper to beat, but his attempted chip was collected by Wilson. Minutes later, in the same position, Fulcher shot straight at Wilson.
Mattishall were made to pay for all their missed chances when a mistake at the back by Stenner allowed French in on goal, and his strike easily beat Pledger.
Mattishall continued to press forward and a Catchpole corner saw Anema beat the keeper, but the effort was cleared of the line.
Lewis was next to beat the keeper but his rising shot caught the top of the bar and bounced to safety.
Substitute Gagen had a chance to win the game but he could not quite get enough power in his shot to beat a last-ditch tackle.
Mattishall Reserves visited high-flying Hoveton Wherrymen and came away with an excellent 2-2 draw, the scorers Christian Harbour and Luke Sutherland.
On Saturday, Mattishall visit Brandon while the Reserves are at home to league leaders Hemsby, 2pm kick-off.