Mattishall stay top of table
Mattishall 2 Spixworth 0
MATTISHALL beat Spixworth on Saturday to stay top of the Anglian Combintion Premier Divsion after their 100 per cent start to the season.
The starting line-up included the returning Edwards and Fulcher.
The opening 15 minutes saw a midfield battle with both defences dominating as neither keeper was tested. On 21 minutes Mattishall was forced into making a change when Gillies picked up an injury and substitute Anema was introduced. Within four minutes the home side took the lead when a good through ball by Stenner was smashed home by Fulcher.
The same player then saw two efforts rise over the bar and a series of corners from the hosts came to nothing. Mattishall were beginning to dominate on the shots continued to rein in on the visitors goal with Palmers bringing out a good save from Bilham.
You may also want to watch:
On 42 minutes the home side went 2-0 up when a good ball from Fulcher found Gibbons who drilled the ball into the back of the net. The visitors responded by forcing their first corner on the stoke of half-time but this was comfortably dealt with and the home side went into the break with a comfortable lead.
The second half continued in much the same fashion with Mattishall dominating the midfield and Mattishall were guilty of shooting rather than picking the pass. Skipper Lovell had a good chance to increase the lead but shot straight at the keeper and Fulcher also got in good positions but failed to finish but Mattishall saw out the rest of the game and continued their excellent start to the season. Mattishall Reserves conceded an 84th minute goal in losing 1-0 at St Andrews Reserves while Mattishall A needed extra time to beat North Elmham Reserves 1-0.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 7 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 8 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 9 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 10 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret