Max and Imogen turn on the style at Dereham
- Credit: Archant
On the second May Bank Holiday Monday Dereham Golf Club's junior members played for the Ashfield Cup, donated by David Ashfield, and the Worthington Trophy, sponsored by Dillington Hall Estate.
There were some excellent scores which saw Max Jacobs, playing off a handicap of five, shoot a gross 69 to take the Ashfield Cup.
Past junior captain Imogen Leeder equalled the ladies' course record with a gross 73, net 65, winning the Worthington Trophy. Their salvers and prize vouchers were presented by professional Andrew Marshall who had popped into the club on a quick visit.
In the nine holes competition Charlie Eke shot a fine net score of 34 to take the Worthington Trophy salver, closely followed by runner-up Charley Brett. In the five holes competition Kaitlyn Auld took the winner's salver, beating Arthur Leeder by one shot. Their prizes were presented by junior organiser Jane Bizley.
The junior season continues on Sunday with the Captain's Junior Prize and Larking Gowen Championship at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Golf Club will host its annual sponsored Junior Open on Friday, August 4, tee times from 12 noon. See the club website for details or contact junior organiser Jane Bizley on 01362 693153.
- 1 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 2 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 5 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk