Max goes under 80 to win Dereham junior event
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Golf Club's junior members played for the Steve Jack Trophies.
The competition saw some good scores at all levels. The Steve Jack Salver (best gross) was retained by Max Jacobs with a gross 79 while Joe Crane (gross 82) was second.
The Steve Jack Cup (best net) was won by George Sommerville with a net 66 (92-26-66) while second was Charlotte Chisholm (92-18-74).
There was also a five holes competition which was won by seven-year-old Arthur Leeder. Arthur received a salver and a voucher for a golf lesson. All five-hole players received a golf-related prize.
Eighteen-hole winners and runners-up received pro shop vouchers which were presented by Sheila Brightwell.
You may also want to watch:
Past Ladies' President Sheila presented the Winter Tournament trophy to Charlotte Chisholm. Charlotte and Hakan Tokbay were the two divisional winners with Charlotte winning the play-off.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47