Net found in double quick time
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk LeagueThe new league season got under way with 20 matches across the four divisions. The defending league champions Toftwood Rangers were held to a 4-4 home draw by Rockland United.
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
The new league season got under way with 20 matches across the four divisions.
The defending league champions Toftwood Rangers were held to a 4-4 home draw by Rockland United.
Dereham Posties probably scored the quickest goal of the day with one after just 20 seconds of their match at Bridgham United and that put them on track for a 4-2 win.
Gressenhall got off to an impressive start with a 5-0 success at Dereham Town A, Mulbarton Wanderers won 2-0 at home to Hingham Athletic and North Elmham won by the odd goal of three at Yaxham in a very close game which was well refereed by Paul Daniels.
In Division Two, the promoted teams had mixed fortunes. Cockers were the only winners, beating Wymondham Town A 3-2.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 3 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 4 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 10 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
Hingham Athletic Reserves were soundly beaten 6-0 by Tacolneston and Watton United A went down by the odd goal of three at home to Morley Village Reserves.
Relegated team Swaffham Town A went down 3-1 at Dickleburgh.
The equal highest score of the day was in Division Three where West End netted eight against Rockland United Reserves without reply.
Of the promoted teams, Shropham United were the only winners. They beat Gressenhall Reserves 5-2.