Net found in double quick time
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk LeagueThe new league season got under way with 20 matches across the four divisions. The defending league champions Toftwood Rangers were held to a 4-4 home draw by Rockland United.
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
The new league season got under way with 20 matches across the four divisions.
The defending league champions Toftwood Rangers were held to a 4-4 home draw by Rockland United.
Dereham Posties probably scored the quickest goal of the day with one after just 20 seconds of their match at Bridgham United and that put them on track for a 4-2 win.
You may also want to watch:
Gressenhall got off to an impressive start with a 5-0 success at Dereham Town A, Mulbarton Wanderers won 2-0 at home to Hingham Athletic and North Elmham won by the odd goal of three at Yaxham in a very close game which was well refereed by Paul Daniels.
In Division Two, the promoted teams had mixed fortunes. Cockers were the only winners, beating Wymondham Town A 3-2.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
Hingham Athletic Reserves were soundly beaten 6-0 by Tacolneston and Watton United A went down by the odd goal of three at home to Morley Village Reserves.
Relegated team Swaffham Town A went down 3-1 at Dickleburgh.
The equal highest score of the day was in Division Three where West End netted eight against Rockland United Reserves without reply.
Of the promoted teams, Shropham United were the only winners. They beat Gressenhall Reserves 5-2.