New management team at Wells Town
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town's new season in Division Two of the Anglian Combination starts this Saturday with the visit of Thetford Rovers to Beach Road (2.30pm).
Wells Reserves head over to the UEA to face the University's Reserve side, also 2.30pm.
It's also all change at the helm of the Seasiders as Scott Lumsden has moved on to Bradenham Wanderers' coaching staff.
Colin Frary and Daren Armiger have taken over the first team with Aaron Wick and Nathan Hart looking after the reserves. Several new faces have joined in the close season to strengthen the sides as the new season gets under way.
The season kicked off on Tuesday evening and there was a big local derby at Mattishall, with visitors Bradenham Wanderers coming away with an emphatic 3-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
Bradenham are at home to newly promoted Beccles Town on Saturday and then travel to Mulbarton Wanderers next Tuesday (7.45pm). Mattishall play host to Norwich CEYMS the same evening (6.15pm). Dereham Taverners' pre-season plans have been given a boost by the signing of Liam Stockell from Bradenham Wanderers.
The experienced centre forward will strengthen the club's squad as they compete in the Central and South Norfolk Division One League and the Norfolk Junior Cup for the first time this season.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages