New move by five golf clubs
Most golf clubs are finding it difficult to maintain their membership and are very aware of ensuring their members get value for money.Graham Cocker, secretary of Fakenham Golf Club thought of an idea which could help to achieve this and invited four other nine-hole member clubs in the county to meet and discuss a possible alliance.
Most golf clubs are finding it difficult to maintain their membership and are very aware of ensuring their members get value for money.
Graham Cocker, secretary of Fakenham Golf Club, thought of an idea which could help to achieve this and invited four other nine-hole member clubs in the county to meet and discuss a possible alliance.
A number of meetings have been held with the secretaries of the Dereham, Mundesley, Ryston Park and Feltwell clubs during which all have benefited by exchanging ideas.
The most dramatic is the agreement to allow their members to play each other's clubs free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
The arrangement is open to all full women and men members who will be able to play at each club twice during their membership year.
The facility will be available by arrangement from Monday to Friday and members will be able to invite guests, who will pay the required green fee.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Anyone who is interested in membership to take advantage of this initiative should contact the secretary at the appropriate club: Dereham 01362 695900, Fakenham 01328 855678, Feltwell 01842 827644, Mundesley 01263 720095 and Ryston Park 01366 382133.
Fakenham Golf Club Seniors Captain's Day attracted an excellent field with the eventual winner being Martin Grocott
Fakenham Golf Club Ladies' Captain's Day Trophy winner was Judith O'Brien.
Other prize winners were Chris Drewry, Maureen Rose, Stevie Irons, Margaret Thomas and Ann Rowell. Hidden hole winner Claire Matthews.