Nine goals for Dereham Ladies
Dereham 9, Chelmsford 0Dereham continued their winning run with an emphatic win over Chelmsford in the Women's East League Premier Division, where they are second.
Dereham 9, Chelmsford 0
Dereham continued their winning run with an emphatic win over Chelmsford in the Women's East League Premier Division, where they are second.
On a very wet pitch, it took only six minutes for Dereham to score, with Holly Allen netting from a pass from her sister. One minute later, Kath Malvern scored from a loose ball after a short corner.
Chelmsford were awarded a short-corner which was cleared, and the third goal came quickly as Georgie Edwards picked up the ball in the D and slotted home. Evie van Poortvliet then scored from just inside the circle to make it 4-0 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The goal-fest continued in the when van Poortvliet, in close proximity to the Chelmsford keeper, swept home a reverse-stick shot. A few minutes later, she completed her hat-trick with a reverse shot.
Hannah Palmer then scored two goals with superb shots that gave the keeper no chance. Donna Caulston scored the ninth from a short corner to round of a rout of a young Chelmsford team and increase Dereham's goal difference after seven matches to an outstanding 31 goals.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000