North Elmham FC ring changes
FOOTBALL: North Elmham travelled to Gressenhall for their third friendly of the season.
Manager Shane Vertigan changed the defence with Chris Riseborough playing out of position as left back and new lad Paddy Gallagher as centre-half. Only Dave Mudd and Chris Myhill played in their regular positions.
Oli Bamforth and Chris Fuller teamed up for their first game together as the main strikers. And with Riccy Mallett and Chris Scase on the wings and Daniel Fuller and Liam Chapman in midfield, Elmham had a very young team with lots of pace.
The pitch was very hard and uneven which made it difficult for both teams to control the ball and therefore the long ball often became the option.
The long balls from North Elmham suited Gressenhall with their tall lads in defence heading most clear. But when the ball did break through, the defence just could not cope with the speed of Oli Bamforth and Chris Fuller, and at half-time North Elmham were ahead 2-1 with two goals from Oli Bamforth.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half North Elmham made substitutions with Mark Brock, Louis Rutherford and Bradley Bamforth making their entrance. Elmham continued to push for goal and increased their lead with another from Oli Bamforth and two from Riccy Mallett.
Chris Fuller finally got the goal he deserved when Mark Brock linked up with Louis Rutherford. His shot was saved by the keeper, but knocked to Fuller who followed up and slotted in from close range.
- 1 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 4 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 5 Sun shines on school's Midsummer Night's Dream
- 6 Women's group resumes face-to-face catch-ups as restrictions ease
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
A great all round performance played in the right spirit. Final score: Gressenhall 3, North Elmham 6.