Open day at Dereham Hockey Club
Dereham Hockey Club are holding an Open Day on Saturday from 2pm until 4pm at their Greenfields Road ground.
The event is open to all from the age of 13 upwards.
The club has 11 sides including boys and girls development sides and nine senior mens and ladies teams, including a veterans mens team (age 35+).
Whether you are returning to hockey or have been inspired by Team GB's performance over the Olympics to pick up a stick for the first time then any prospective members of all abilities are welcome to come along and participate in some training and mixed matches for a fun-based afternoon.
If you cannot make Saturday, then training nights are;
You may also want to watch:
Men – Tuesday Evenings from 7.30pm; ladies – Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm.
Dereham also have a very active minis section who meet every Sunday morning. This is open to boys and girls between the ages of five and 12.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 6 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 7 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 8 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
Training starts from September 9 and continues every Sunday from 9.15am to 10.30am.
Dereham are again holding a Goalkeepers Day this Sunday, led by ex-England and GB goalkeeper Simon Mason.