Otters swim to success
SWIMMING: Dereham Otters, at the annual Breckland Cup, earned a decisive victory over West Norfolk, Norwich Swans, Beccles and North Norfolk.
Dereham scored 216 points with some fine swims, over 20 points ahead of their nearest rivals, having narrowly missed out last year.
The U12s competing at Mildenhall for the Bussen and Parkin Trophy.
For many this was their first swim for the club, and their great efforts were rewarded with a wonderful array of medals and a win against the host team Mildenhall and Newmarket SC.
The Birds of Dereham Sprints Gala was held at Dereham Leisure Centre where the Otters battled against teams from West Norfolk and Norwich Swans, again with great success, securing a further winning score.
You may also want to watch:
There were two fine achievements at the 2011 East Regional Championships.
Jed Snell won the silver medal in the men's 15/16 years 50m breaststroke and Lauren Burton a bronze in the 13 years girls' 100m freestyle, against extremely tough opposition.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town