Otters swim to success
SWIMMING: Dereham Otters, at the annual Breckland Cup, earned a decisive victory over West Norfolk, Norwich Swans, Beccles and North Norfolk.
Dereham scored 216 points with some fine swims, over 20 points ahead of their nearest rivals, having narrowly missed out last year.
The U12s competing at Mildenhall for the Bussen and Parkin Trophy.
For many this was their first swim for the club, and their great efforts were rewarded with a wonderful array of medals and a win against the host team Mildenhall and Newmarket SC.
The Birds of Dereham Sprints Gala was held at Dereham Leisure Centre where the Otters battled against teams from West Norfolk and Norwich Swans, again with great success, securing a further winning score.
You may also want to watch:
There were two fine achievements at the 2011 East Regional Championships.
Jed Snell won the silver medal in the men's 15/16 years 50m breaststroke and Lauren Burton a bronze in the 13 years girls' 100m freestyle, against extremely tough opposition.
- 1 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 2 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Council increases street cleaning after duck poo complaints
- 8 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 9 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 10 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch