Otters swim to success
SWIMMING: Dereham Otters, at the annual Breckland Cup, earned a decisive victory over West Norfolk, Norwich Swans, Beccles and North Norfolk.
Dereham scored 216 points with some fine swims, over 20 points ahead of their nearest rivals, having narrowly missed out last year.
The U12s competing at Mildenhall for the Bussen and Parkin Trophy.
For many this was their first swim for the club, and their great efforts were rewarded with a wonderful array of medals and a win against the host team Mildenhall and Newmarket SC.
The Birds of Dereham Sprints Gala was held at Dereham Leisure Centre where the Otters battled against teams from West Norfolk and Norwich Swans, again with great success, securing a further winning score.
You may also want to watch:
There were two fine achievements at the 2011 East Regional Championships.
Jed Snell won the silver medal in the men's 15/16 years 50m breaststroke and Lauren Burton a bronze in the 13 years girls' 100m freestyle, against extremely tough opposition.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk