Otters Swimming Club ready to expand
DEREHAM Otters Swimming Club has been run since 1975, becoming more successful with each passing year.
Under the expert tutoring of head coach Stewart Park the club won the East Midland Speedo League Division Two in December 2010 and has been promoted for the first time to Division One.
There are also increasing numbers of county and regional-level swimmers within the club. All 127 members are encouraged to develop as individuals, make the most of their potential – and have fun!
The club also runs the very popular Iceni Gala each September, which last year had over 1,400 entries. They also held a very successful Swim Camp in Tunisia in October 2010, a tradition which will be continued this October in Tenerife.
The club is currently going through a period of re-structuring and expansion, so at last it has some vacancies to offer to new swimmers.
You may also want to watch:
They would welcome new recruits to trial evenings at Dereham Leisure Centre on the first Monday of each month. There will now be 10 different squads, with a wider variety of training schedules to suit all members.
As well as openings for new swimmers there are also new opportunities for sponsorship.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 6 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 7 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 8 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
For further details see the informative website www.derehamotters.org.uk