Otters too hot to handle
Dereham Otters proved 'too Ott to handle' in the Bill Thompson Memorial gala at Wymondham Leisure Centre. There were five others teams taking part; Beccles, Diss Otters, Lowestoft and Oulton Broad, Norwich Swans White and Norwich Swans Green.
Dereham Otters proved 'too Ott to handle' in the Bill Thompson Memorial gala at Wymondham Leisure Centre.
There were five others teams taking part; Beccles, Diss Otters, Lowestoft and Oulton Broad, Norwich Swans White and Norwich Swans Green.
Although the competition was close Dereham Otters managed to maintain their early lead to win the trophy finishing on 203.5 points, ahead of Norwich Swans green on 196, Beccles on 163.5, Diss 125, Lowestoft 95 and Norwich Swans White 76.
This was due to the 16 first places out of 41 races for the Dereham swimmers.
You may also want to watch:
First places went to Jonnie James 50m backstroke; Chris Searle 100m butterfly and 100m backstroke; Lauren Burton 50m freestyle and 50m backstroke; Isabel Holmes 25m butterfly and 50m breaststroke; Jed Snell 100m backstroke and 100m breaststroke; Sophia Horton-Jones 50m butterfly.
There were also individual wins for: Joe Snell 100m breaststroke; Sean Watson 100m freestyle.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 10 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
Team victories went to the Boys medley relay team of Liam Murphy, Jed Snell, Ben Hoven and Chris Searle and the Boys breaststroke relay team of Jed Snell, Ben Hoven, Joe Snell and Liam Murphy.
The girls also flew the club flag with distinction.
Winners were: Girls backstroke relay team of Rimini Chettleburgh, Lauren Burton, Madeline Whitbourn and Laura Jones and the Girls breaststroke team of Laura Jones, Rachel Clarke, Anna Bales and Isabel Holmes.