Pavilion ready to be put up
CRICKET: At Elsing CC's annual meeting at Elsing Hall, a new committee was elected.
It is Patrick Lines, president; Terry Skipper, chairman; Alistair Wallace, captain; Christopher Westbury, vice-captain; Mel Clarke, secretary; Graham Andrews, treasurer, John Elliott, groundsman.
Terry Skipper, as the new chairman, thanked the outgoing one, Steve Clarke for all his support over approximately 16 years and more. He also thanked outgoing captain Charlie Peel and vice-captain Gavin Warmer for their support for the last five-plus years.
Thanks also went to John Elliott, groundsman, for his outstanding dedication to the club and the wicket. He was shown appreciation when he agreed to continue for a while longer.
The chairman hoped that the club will grow in the future with many more players and supporters.
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday evenings will continue to be practice night, from 6.30pm onwards and will start after Easter.
The president announced the removal of the old pavilion and thanked all involved in the collection and delivery of the replacement one.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
He encouraged the construction of this new building to take place as soon as possible.