Poor Wanderers exit cup
UEA 3, Bradenham Wanderers 1BRADENHAM gave a poor account of themselves on Saturday in the Norfolk Junior Cup against a well-organised UEA side at Colney.
UEA 3, Bradenham Wanderers 1
BRADENHAM gave a poor account of themselves on Saturday in the Norfolk Junior Cup against a well-organised UEA side at Colney. Neither side was able to assert any real superiority in the first half and the score remained at 0-0 at half-time.
On 55 minutes UEA took the lead after a mix-up in the Bradenham defence and 10 minutes later the students' left-winger went on a clever run, beating a couple of defenders before scoring from an acute angle.
A period of intense Bradenham pressure ensued without creating any clear-cut chances, but they did pull one back after a goalmouth melee.
You may also want to watch:
More Bradenham pressure followed as they tried desperately to level the scores but the inevitable happened when the home defence humped a long clearance up-field and their centre forward controlled the ball and scored with ease.
Bradenham performed well below their normal standard, but UEA had obviously done their homework and are wished good luck in the remainder of the competition.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
Next, the Wanderers have another tough match when they visit high-scoring Hellesdon in the League Cup.
Bradenham Reserves'game at Bawdeswell was called off and they are next away to Gressenhall Reserves in a league match, ko 2pm.