Prizes for young golfers at Dereham
DEREHAM GOLF CLUB: Liam Cameron won the 18-hole Larking Gowen Junior Championship, while Ryan Thorogood won the Captain's Junior Prize competition.
Both events were sponsored by Larking Gowen, Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors and club captain Kelvin Cleere.
Ryan, 16, was delighted to win the Captain's Prize, which this year included a claret jug, completing the course with a gross 69, playing off an eight handicap. He was also presented with the Captain's Putter by the club captain, who also presented pro shop vouchers to Lewis Bates and Will Cross, who took second and third places in the gross competition.
Liam, 16, led the field of 14 juniors and won with a gross 80, net 65. He was presented with the Larking Gowen claret jug by Chris Greeves, a partner with the firm. Mr. Greeves also presented pro shop vouchers to Frazer Chettleburgh (net 67) and Tom Newey (net 68) who took second and third places.
During the afternoon there was a nine-hole competition which was won by Morgan Blanks (gross) and Liam Kevern (net). And five of the younger juniors took part in a five-hole competition which was won by
10-year-old Patrick Rimmer, with newcomer Matthew Goodman a close second. They also received pro shop vouchers, again sponsored by Larking Gowen.
Following play there was also a putting competition for the younger juniors which was won by Liam Kevern. junior secretary Jane Bizley said: 'Once again we are most grateful to Larking Gowen for their support and sponsorship.'
- 1 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 6 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 7 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 Royal British Legion branch to celebrate 100th anniversary
The April and May club competition winners were presented with awards in the clubhouse by Dereham club captain Kelvin Cleere.
The club for this season has gone back to the tradition of presenting winners with wine glasses engraved with the club badge. Medal and stableford competition winners will receive a medal.