Racing on at Fakenham
Ian ClarkeRacing goes ahead today at Fakenham after the course beat the cold weather for the second time in less than two weeks.Overnight temperatures of 6.5C ensured the frost which had been in the ground for several days had cleared.Ian Clarke
Racing goes ahead today at Fakenham after the course beat the cold weather for the second time in less than two weeks.
Overnight temperatures of 6.5C ensured the frost which had been in the ground for several days had cleared.
Clerk of the course David Hunter did an inspection at 6.30am and declared the meeting on.
The good news followed a similar story on new year's day when there had been fears about racing being called off but mild weather arrived just in time.
You may also want to watch:
'We are racing today!' declared a relieved Mr Hunter. There is a very exciting day's racing ahead of us but it will be wet today.'
The meeting starts at 1.20pm and there are six races.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state