Rare reverse for Beetley
Beetley suffered their first West Norfolk League defeat, to Dersingham A by 25 runs, in a game reduced to 35 overs due to the weather conditions.
Beetley fielded and the Dersingham openers put on 48 before R Southgate (14) was caught by Keith Daykin off the bowling of Tony Wright.
Gary Hinchliffe (2-16) bowled J Melton-Doy (23) before taking a sharp one-handed return catch, dismissing J Southgate with his next ball. L Osbourne played out the hat-trick ball before Tony Wright (3-14) trapped him lbw.
Two run-outs by Duncan Barrow and Stuart Mcerleane reduced the visitors to 87-6. James Perkins (2-22) entered the fray, trapping D Cook (6) lbw, whilst at the other end Tony Wright had A Poll (33) caught by Gary Hinchliffe.
Robbie Clarke ended the Dersingham innings on 106, running out the last man with a direct hit.
Needing three an over, Keith Daykin and Gary Hinchliffe put on 23 before the latter was caught and bowled by L Osbourne for 10. From there on it was all downhill as the middle order was blown away by J Southgate (3-11) and L Osbourne (3-16) to leave Beetley struggling at 49-7.
Skipper Daykin looked on in disbelief until he was joined by Chris Densham and they put on 27 runs until Keith (24) was bowled by K Brown (2-21). Last pair Densham (13 not out) and Burton (4 not out) took the score to 81-9, gaining an extra two points for the team.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 3 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 4 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 10 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
Dersingham A: J Melton-Doy b G Hinchliffe 23, R Southgate c K Daykin b T Wright 14, A Poll c G Hinchliffe b T Wright 33, J Southgate c-b G Hinchliffe 0, L Osbourne lbw T Wright 2, A Blowers run out 4, J Havers run out 2, D Cook lbw J Perkins 6, D Cook Jnr not out 3, M Harman b J Perkins 0, K Brown run out 0; extras 19. Total 106. Bowling: M Calvert 4-0-19-0, R Clarke 4-0-15-0, T Wright 8-1-14-3, G Hinchliffe 7-1-16-2, S Mcerleane 4-0-14-0, J Perkins 8-0-22-2.
Beetley: K Daykin b K Brown 24, G Hinchliffe c-b L Osbourne 10, M Calvert b J Southgate 3, N Calvert lbw L Osbourne 6, T Wright b J Southgate 5, S Mcerleane c A Poll b J Southgate 0, D Barrow run out 0, R Clarke c D Cook b L Osbourne 0, C Densham not out 13, J Perkins c A N Other b K Bown 1, A Burton not out 4; extras 15. Total (9 wkts) 81. Bowling: K Brown 8 4-1-21-2, M Harman 5-2-14-0, J Southgate 8-4-11-3, L Osbourne 8-2-16-3, D Cook Jnr 0 2-0-2-0, D Cook 5-1-11-0.