Ready for cricket season
Swanton Morley Cricket Club's pre-season meeting was well attended and two new players were welcomed.Wayne McKinney is designing a website to raise the profile of the club and members are encouraged to submit items and photographs for inclusion.
Swanton Morley Cricket Club's pre-season meeting was well attended and two new players were welcomed.
Wayne McKinney is designing a website to raise the profile of the club and members are encouraged to submit items and photographs for inclusion. He has also designed a set of covers and during the winter months has been working with Barry Green and George Northall to construct them.
This major project, costing nearly �3,000, is almost complete and ready for the new season.
Protective perimeter netting has been put in place around the ground and the practice nets will be ready for use by April 16.
You may also want to watch:
Some members are taking it in turns at the weekend to spend one-hour stints rolling the square, while others cut the outfield and do repairs to the score box.
The club is grateful to local supporters, who have made donations as vice-presidents, to village businesses for sponsoring the club's annual handbook, and also to Avril and Peter at The Angel for offering to provide some extra cricket shirts.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 3 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 4 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 5 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 6 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 7 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 8 Dereham Blues Festival cancelled for second year running
- 9 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 10 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
The first game of the new season is on Easter Sunday, with a friendly match at home against Hemsby. Members also look forward to a game organised by Peter Ellis to be played on April 18, Youth v Experience, which could provide a good opportunity for anyone thinking of joining the club to go along and try
The club puts out two teams on Saturdays in the WNCL and one on Sunday in the MNSCL so, a full and varied programme is arranged. Any new players, officials and general helpers will be warmly welcomed.
Ring George or Rosemary Northall on (01362) 637620, if you would like more details or would like a copy of the new fixtures list.