Reepham Hockey Club ladies off the mark
Broadland II 1, Reepham Ladies 1
Reepham earned their first point of the season on Saturday with a hard fought draw against Broadland in Norfolk League Division One.
Reepham welcomed back Sarah Loudon to the team who added strength and depth down the left hand side of the pitch. They also had the added luxury of an extra player to switch in and out of the team.
The hosts looked more composed from the start and were challenging hard for the ball. Reepham were finding themselves pressing for goal rather than on the defensive. Reepham's pressure was rewarded when they went ahead through a goal from Alice Buxton. The talented youngster has been working hard for the team in a midfield role but opened her account when she pounced on a rebound off the keeper from short range.
Broadland were awarded a penalty flick after a Reepham defender was judged to have stopped a shot on the line with a foot. The flick was calmly saved by Reepham's new keeper Kim Goldspink who has stepped up to the challenge of this position and is looking stronger each week.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland came at Reepham more as the game entered its final period but the Reepham defence were equal to them. Finally, a ball down the middle split the Reepham defence and Broadland took their chance to equalise.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages