Robins fly clear at the top
Reepham Town 4, Sprowston Wanderers 1A THIRD league triumph in seven days left Reepham seven points clear at the top of the Anglian Combination Division Two.
Reepham Town 4, Sprowston Wanderers 1
A THIRD league triumph in seven days left Reepham seven points clear at the top of the Anglian Combination Division Two.
Sprowston were superior in the first 10 minutes, but the Robins improved and on 22 minutes James Page crossed from the left, Kevin White smashed in a shot and Leon Huckle jammed out a heel to score.
Just after the half-hour Dan Stop headed well clear from his 18-yard box only to witness a wonder strike from Page as he volleyed the Robins two up.
You may also want to watch:
On 38 minutes a neat goal from Jodie Peecher may have lifted Sprowston, but one minute later some attractive possession play led to Page squaring to Huckle whose shot was saved by Aaron Bunns. But Gary Belton followed in and rifled the ball in to make it 3-1 at half-time.
The second period was less entertaining with Reepham looking comfortable. Kevin Winkworth smashed a chance against a post before Beau Howard broke from the pack and volleyed in a Belton corner.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
Paul Belton the Reepham assistant manager stated: 'That is the first goal we have conceded in five games. We have won 16 of our last 17 games, but we know that it is exceptionally tight at the top of this division this year. We have eight league games left and we are determined to win them.'
Meloncaulie Rose Reepham Man of the Match was Matty Huckle, who was outstanding at the back.
Next, Reepham Town play Norwich St John's away in the cup, with a 2pm kick-off.