Robins pip Bloaters
Yarmouth Town Reserves 0, Reepham Town 1 WITH the previous week's defeat in their minds the Reepham's teams watchword was 'bouncebackability'. This Cyril Ballyn Trophy match had added spice as Yarmouth's first team did not have a game.
Yarmouth Town Reserves 0, Reepham Town 1
WITH the previous week's defeat in their minds the Reepham's teams watchword was 'bouncebackability'. This Cyril Ballyn Trophy match had added spice as Yarmouth's first team did not have a game.
The Bloaters started the sharper and should have gone in at half-time at least level, if not one up. Nando Vide had a couple of shots well saved by Martin Failes in Reepham's goal. However, it was the Robins who scored the only goal of the game just before the break. A cross from Kevin Winkworth was fumbled into his own net by keeper Steve Pryke.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was a more settled affair with Reepham totally on top. They could have added to their lead, but chances were few. Reepham assistant manager Paul Belton said: 'Another tough game against a very able team. Our performance was not vintage but we got better as the game went on. The result was perfect. I'd take 1-0 every week.' Reepham's reward is an away semi-final tie against Norwich St John.
Reepham's reserves battled out a good 2-2 draw at home to Waveney, the Sunday team won 9-3 away to Mad Moose and the Reepham U16s romped to a 19-0 victory against North Walsham.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham