Rugby club score with sponsorship
Fakenham Rugby Club have announced a substantial three-year deal with Cookes of Fakenham as club sponsors.Representing Cookes, Tom Sofrin (pictured with 1st XV captain Stuart Baldock, right) said: “It makes sense for a local business to support a local club.
Fakenham Rugby Club have announced a substantial three-year deal with Cookes of Fakenham as club sponsors.
Representing Cookes, Tom Sofrin said: “It makes sense for a local business to support a local club.”
Fakenham Rugby Club chairman Alan Young stated: “One of the aims of attracting new sponsorship is to apply for Sportsmatch funding, which matches new sponsorship pound for pound. This will enable us to continue introducing new players to the game.
“For example, in the last year we have developed a girls' team, The Cubs, reintroduced the ladies' team, The Foxes, and will be starting training soon for 12 to 17-year-old boys.
You may also want to watch:
“We are proud to be able to field youth teams again, and this comes on the back of the success of the mini rugby over the last few years.
“As we continue to develop and grow, so must our facilities. I would like to thank all our sponsors, past and present, for their support and encourage other local businesses to join us in becoming the most successful sports club in the area.”
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
The 1st XV face West Norfolk on Saturday, September 6 at home, alongside the 2nd XV, who will be entertaining Norwich Union, kick off at 3pm.
Mini rugby training starts at 10.30am on September 7. Foxes and Cubs train Wednesdays 6.45-8.30pm. Senior men train on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-9pm.